March 10th - April 16th
Who: 7th grade students
What: Civics Tutoring
Why: To practice high-yield literacy strategies using Civics content to ensure students are ready for Civics EOC.
When and Where: Tuesday and Thursday: 8:00-8:30am Mr. Liss (Room 160) Wednesday: 4:05-5:05pm Ms. Zdorow (Room 220)
How: Students interested must report to designated time and place.
Parents/Guardians: Please click here for a brief introduction to the Civics EOC.
Activities will be fun and engaging!
***Students staying Wednesday afternoons must secure a ride home in advance***
EOY Field Trip
End of the Year - 8th Grade Field Trip
Where: Islands of Adventure
When: Friday May 29th, 2015
Money collections will begin in the auditorium and online - January 26th, 2015. Tickets will be sold until the seats are full. Payments will NOT be collected during lunches or after school.
Please click here if you would like to contact Mrs. Mortensen for any questions.
Please click here to view 2014-15 Flag Football Schedule.
PLEASE NOTE: March 16 (Dandy vs Home) Game Has Been Canceled
NRMS Band News....
Band of Sharks
Please click here to visit NRMS Band home page for important upcoming dates.
Dress Code Policy
New River Dress Code Policy
TOPS: Oxford or Polo Style Shirts
• Sweatshirts and jackets may not be worn to cover uniform shirts.
TOP COLORS: Solid Black, White, Teal, Gray, or Blue (No designs, No stripes)
BOTTOMS: Trouser/Docker/Cargo style pants, shorts, capris, shorts, blue or black jeans
• NO sweat pants or shorts or sweat-like material
• NO athletic pants or shorts (i.e. basketball shorts, dancewear, etc…)
BOTTOM COLORS: Tan/Khaki, Black, Navy Blue
BOTTOMS MUST BE:
• Secure and worn at the waist ("sagging" bottoms will not be tolerated)
• Solid colors only
• No jeans with designs, rips, or holes
• No stretch or tight pants and no stretch or tight shorts
• No sweat wrist or headbands will be worn during the school day.
• Writing on school uniforms is not permitted.
• PE shorts or shirts are not to be worn in place of school uniforms.
• New River Shirts should be worn on Fridays ONLY.
• No sandals, slippers, slides or flip-flops are allowed.
I Coded Did You?
Hour of Code is a one-hour introduction to computer science, designed to demystify code and show that anybody can learn the basics.
Please click here to learn more about
Hour of Code.